Thursday, June 24, 2010

Does eye color change when you wear different colored shirts?

People with blue/green eyes seem to have their eye color change according to the color shirt they're wearing, is this true or is it just a matter of contrast?Does eye color change when you wear different colored shirts?
It's a matter of how the appearance of colours is affected by adjacent colours.





A common trick in interior design is to allocate no more than 10% of a room's total colour scheme to an 'accent colour'.





If you think of an entire human being as a 'room', then the eyes are an accent or detail in the whole design.





How strongly they will stand out depends on whether the colour is analogous or complementary to the clothing colour (check the link below to see how this works in practice with a colour wheel.)





For contrast, choose colours directly opposite on the colour wheel.





Applying these rules, a brown-eyed person's eyes will be more accented against a blue / aquamarine / purple shirt. (My own dark brown eyes stand out most when I wear a light blue denim shirt, I've found).





A blue-eyed person's eyes will be more accented against a yellow / khaki / orange shirt.





If you don't want your eyes to stand out so much as an 'accent colour', use the colour wheel again and choose analogous colours (those closest to your eye colour on the colour wheel).





That's why your friends' eyes seem to vary in intensity from day to day - it's just how their eye colour is interacting with their clothes.





When I don't have a colour wheel handy, I just choose the least smelly item from the laundry basket : )Does eye color change when you wear different colored shirts?
Good Internet link Report Abuse

Contrast is the amount of difference between light and dark areas of an object being observed. When you see, or perceive, color, it is the result of a discrete set of wavelengths of light being reflected, or transmitted, towards your eye. The color of a person's iris does not change inherently when you ';perceive'; changes in color, what you are seeing is the effect of a slightly different spectrum of light illuminating the iris when you are looking at it. But also the fact that the close proximity of an object, such as a shirt, has a large field of a specific color, tends to influence your perception of other colors.
Well, if the color APPEARS to change, then it does change. Since color is determined by what is being reflected, the color of a person's eyes can be affected by the surroundings. It's a matter of perception. Blue eyes of a certain type seem to vary in color depending not only on what the person is wearing, but on how bright the light is, whether they are inside or out in the sun, etc. This also happens with people whose eyes are ';hazle'; or ';grey';.
I know that I notice my eyes ';change'; according to what I wear.. I typically have blue eyes and when I wear blue/red, they really stand out. But with other colors, they are not as vibrant...





So I am going to say its contrast.. I don't think the color actually changes..
lol no. Have you ever heard of people say ';wow that shirt really brings out your eyes!'; ??? well that's what happens I think. Some colors bring out the color in your eyes it like excentuates them.
I think we invented Coloured contact lenses for a reason.
yes, my ex boyfriend had sometimes grey eyes, sometimes blue eyes, depending on the light and his clothes, too..





like i mean it is the contrast, nothing happening in the eye
Mine do! I have grey/blue eyes and I have had people comment on how beautiful my jade green eyes are. I was wearing a green shirt!





I find the colour reflects in my eyes. My eyes do this with all the shirts I have.





Cheers
Mine do, they seem to change from light blue to dark, to grey. They also change depending on which color eye shadow I have on. One more thing, if I am pissed off, they turn green!!
your eyes do not actually change colour all that happens is the colour of the shirt reflects different colours in ur eye.





when you are born the see thru lalyer of the eye is very thin, so using me as an example when i was born i had bright blue eyes, now as i have gotten older my eyes are now dark moss green, this is due to the layer around the eye thickening, this happens tomany people
Different color clothing brings out different specks of color in the iris. It is a matter of contrast and complimentary colors.
For some people yes for others no. Usually grey's do!
well i have hazel coloured eyes most of the time but my gf has pointed out that when im happy or the weather is nice they go green around the out side and brown in the middle and when the weather is not nice they go a very dark brown almost black
Contrast. My eyes are green and I have been told that they are blue, grey etc... depending on what I wear.





Makeup amplifies this as you can imagine
i think if you wear a blue shirt and you have blue/green eyes, then people will notice the blue in your eyes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries