Thursday, June 24, 2010

What eye color possibilities are there?

Just out of curiosity I'd like to know what the chances are of my son having my husband's eye color.


I have hazel eyes, and my hubby has blue eyes. I have read somewhere that normally blue eyes are dominant, but our first son has hazel eyes like mine..


THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDS.What eye color possibilities are there?
If you have hazel that means you carry both green and brown- both are dominant. Blue is recessive so you both would have to have blue to pass that to your child. Since you've got hazel you know for sure that you won't give a blue gene. SO, your child will either have brown or green. You probably gave your first child your brown and your husband gave blue and the brown is very light so some of the blue is showing through to give the appearance of hazel.What eye color possibilities are there?
That is a cool website that the first two posters gave you. I did me and my husband and it said that our children would have a 70% chance of getting green eyes and a 30% chance of having blue eyes. My son has blue eyes though! Maybe this next baby will have green eyes.
every baby is different just depends on when your egg and sperm came together which gene was dominant this time around it could be complete opposite of your first kid or the same..o way to really know until he gets here sorry and even within the first year of life eyes can change colors.
My brother and his wife both have brown eyes but one of their sons has blue eyes. There are blue and brown eyes in the grandparents. It seems to me that if there is enough variety in the grandparents then all sorts of eye colours are possible.
Here is a link to an eye color calculator. It shows you the odds.


Enjoy!





http://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeC鈥?/a>
http://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeC鈥?/a>





You HAVE to go here! Best eye color site ever!!
  • credit counseling
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin industries