Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Is it rude to question an ethnic persons natural eye color?

I wear grey contacts and get people asking me if my eyes are real. Isnt it wrong for them to automatically assume ';He's black so those cant possibly be his natural eye color ';





When someone asks me about my eyes , should I just politely answer their question ? Or should I let them know that they are being rude ?Is it rude to question an ethnic persons natural eye color?
Being ethnic has NOTHING to do with it. QUIT making assumptions about what people are thinking and why. Chances are, you are WRONG. If you don't like being asked, quit altering your appearance in such a noticeable way. Otherwise, politely answer their question.Is it rude to question an ethnic persons natural eye color?
Grey eyes are rare, I personally don't know of anyone with that shade so I think it's ok for someone to out of curiosity ask if they're real. I don't think it has to do with your skin color or ethnicity in my opinion, same with if a white person had those color eyes I'd get tempted to want to know if they're real or not too because it's so rare in general and I know there are contacts in those colors that exist, kind of like Elizabeth Taylor's one of few people who have purple eyes so if anyone else had that shad I'd ask if they were real. Also some women would want to have a baby with someone based on their looks so they have a right to know if your eyes are real or not to decide if they'd want to be in a relationship wtih you.
It's not rude to be curious, but if they say something negative or mean then yes you should inform that they are being rude. Some questions about another persons body can be rude, I think we all know that, but when you wear contacts to make your eyes different you want them to be noticed. I'd be more flattered because most people don't look you in the eyes when they talk to you anymore. If it really bugs you to be asked about them then don't wear them.
It's rude to ask anyone their real eye color, hair color, jeans size etc. My response would probably be ';No, they are not real, it's all in your head'; On the other hand, you are changing your eyes to a color not usually found in nature, so you must want to stand out and are looking for attention. I haven't known many white people with grey eyes either, and they all had more common eye colors that ';changed'; to grey depending on their clothes, the color of the sky, etc.
I'm white and my eyes are grey and I've only been asked if they were fake once.





But I know people always think Tyra Banks' green eyes are fake and green eyes are not that rare.





I would say it was rude if they WERE REAL. But the fact that they're fake complicates the issue since they could just be noticing the fakeness of the color/shine.
Well, are you comfortable with the color of your colored contacts? and are you being real with your self? If you are going to do something quite different it is natural for people to want to know more about it. I would simply answer the question and move on. they are not real. right? why pretend or want to pretend.. come on keep it real for your own mental health...
Wow you are ignorant. Grey is a very unusual eye color for ANY person of ANY race.





God I hate people like you who are constantly looking for racism where there is no racism.





If you don't like people questioning your eye color, maybe you should stop wearing goddamn grey lenses.
obviously you have chosen grey to be noticed so you should not be surprised by peoples curiosity.





I have seen ethnic people with a genuine different eye Colour to the norm but i would not question them about it





maybe yours don't look genuine enough that's why people are commenting
By having something so unique, you are inviting people to ask those types of questions. That would be like me, a white female, having a dashiki and extensions, and wondering why people think I'm ';acting black';. Duh! It just doesn't fit.
look dumb ***...YOU are theone wearin the contacts....if you dont want people to look at them, dont wear them . EXPECT then to ask....


thats right up there w/ girls in tube tops and mini skirts askin ';WHAT ARE YOU LOOKIN AT!!!?!';


grow up...jeez......
Just say, ';It's whatever you want to believe.'; That's what some women say when wearing extensions/weaves and people ask that.


Don't entertain ignorance.
Since you feel upset with their Q you can say so - politely if possible .
It's not rude, it's downright ignorant!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries