Thursday, December 3, 2009

How can I determine my genome for my eye color?

I'm sure the trait is probably polygenic, but it still mostly can be done with a punnett square, right? My mother has green eyes and my father has brown. My mothers parents had blue and blue. My fathers parents had brown and blue. I have green eyes. What is my genome? Green with recessive blue? Thanks.How can I determine my genome for my eye color?
Genome refers to the entire complete set of genes in a perosn, the question you want to ask is what is ';can you determine your personal genotype from your eye color and your parents';. The answer is no, to my knowledge eye color is not a discrete trait, meaning many many things are factoring into eye color, to fit into a simple punnet square.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries