Thursday, December 3, 2009

How does eye color genetics work?

I've read a lot of stuff on eye color genetics. It usually focuses on dominant and recessive genes like a brown eye color will overpower the blue and green eye color gene. And a green will overpower a


blue.





But in my case my mother has green eyes and my dad has baby blue eyes and I got teal eyes?? I've read nothing that explains inbetween colors.How does eye color genetics work?
';In-between'; colors happen because things such as hair color, eye color, and skin color are all controlled by multiple alleles. Therefore other colors are possible. Things such as attached earlobes vs. unattached earlobes, however, are not contolled by multiple alleles, therefore there is no ';in-between';How does eye color genetics work?
Eye colors depend on the dominant and recessive genes. For example, brown, reen and hazel eye colors are dominant where blue and pink are recessive.


But, in the case of co-dominant or incomplete dominance, you will have an color between the eye colors of your parents.





This is all I know. I hope this will help you.
all i know is that 2 brown eyed parents CAN have a blue eyed child; but two blue eyed parent's CAN NOT have a brown eyed child. all three of my girls have brown eyes like me...their father's have ...2 have hazel, and one has bright green. my niece has brown eyes, and her son has bright blue eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries