Thursday, December 3, 2009

How long until a baby gets the eye color that is permanent?

My other 2 children were born with brown eyes, but my 3rd child (1 month old) was born with blue eyes. I just find it very odd since I've had all 3 children with only my husband.How long until a baby gets the eye color that is permanent?
I've read a variety of sources and have heard any age between 6 months and a year being the age at which you can say that will be the permanent eye colour.





While it is less likely, it is totally possible for your baby to have blue eyes if there are any blue eyed people on both you and your husband's sides.














How long until a baby gets the eye color that is permanent?
Sometimes it can take up to 6 months to a year for the baby's eye color to change. do either of you have blue eyes? If not, does anyone in either of your families have blue eyes? My husband has hazel/brown eyes and I have blue, my first three have blue eyes, but my daughter is 6 months old and we still can't tell what color they're going to be...some days they look blue, others they look green or brownish...sometimes that blue recessive gene just comes out!
do either grandparents on both sides have blue eyes? you can still have a blue eyed baby if at least one grandparent on both sides have blue eyes.i have blue eyes, my husband has brown eyes,our mothers have brown eyes, our fathers have blue eyes. all 4 of our children have blue eyes. 3 of them were born with muddy colored eyes that turned blue around 3 weeks. the old child had blue eyes from birth. i say by 6 weeks you can tell for sure what color they will be.
Everyone in my family has blue eyes except for my mom and little sister.


My sister's eyes are cool.


At first they were green. Then they were blue. Then brown.


She is now five years old and now they are hazel. That's sort of a mix of my Mom and Dad.


It doesn't take long, but it really depends on the color of the parents' eyes.


Every child does not have to be the same eye color as one of the parents/siblings.


It's normal.
I think all newborn babies are born with blue eyes and then their natural color sets in maybe at 2 to 3 months idk just a guess. My son, his father and I are all black(no mixed heritage except Indian) my son was born with blue eyes and even now at 3yrs old they have a slight tint of blue mixed with light brown eyes.
The permanent color may not set in till the teen years or beyond. Especially blue eyes, they tend to change over time.
permanent color is supposed to be after 6 months but my daughters eyes went from Blue to green at 8 months.
could take a couple years

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin industries